SPECT-CT in Melton
Lake Imaging Melton Now Hosts Region's Most Advanced SPECT-CT
Lake Imaging Melton has recently installed the latest GE Infinia Hawkeye SPECT-CT. This state-of-the-art scanner will provide the most advanced technology in the region, enabling highly accurate diagnostic reports to referring doctors and patients.
What is a SPECT-CT?
This hybrid imaging modality will help to detect and diagnose disease earlier, more accurately and help guide management.
Being a hybrid, the scanner can perform two critical scanning functions. The first is the Nuclear Medicine SPECT method for highly sensitive, biological, functional imaging which often identifies disease before anatomical changes take place.
The second function is Computed Tomography (CT) which is for highly specific imaging of structure, size, shape, location of pathology; detecting anatomical changes if present.
The benefits of SPECT-CT are clear..
- Differentiation between stress fractures & arthritis
- Identification of lumbar & cervical facet joints with active arthritis
- Sensitive differentiation between arthritis & metastases
- Sensitive diagnosis of bony injury, osteomyelitis & occult fractures
- Fast accurate myocardial perfusion imaging
- Confirmation that chest pain is ischemic - or not
- Preoperative cardiac risk assessment
- Accurate evaluation of adequacy of coronary bypass grafts
- Accurate & reproducible left ventricular ejection fraction
- Sensitive diagnosis (or exclusion) of pulmonary embolism
- Differentiation of pneumonia versus pulmonary embolism
- Clear confirmation of liver haemangiomas
- Sensitive and accurate mapping of renal scars
- Accurate quantification of renal function & drainage
- Unambiguous localisation of parathyroid adenomas
- Accurate estimation of thyroid function & assessment of nodules.
There is minimal waiting time for appointments, for further information or to make an appointment, please phone our Melton Unitt Street clinic on (03) 9747 4800.